Most people assume that all fruits and veggies are equally beneficial to our health. However, this is not the case. Of course, anything within this category is nutritious and therefore you should enjoy guilt-free. But there are some fruits and vegetables that are amazing for your health and wellness.
Below, we have gathered 10 superfoods, meaning greens that you can have (as many as you want to and even more). All those foods have been tested and found extremely rich in nutrients. And given the fact that they are super-affordable and filling, you should incorporate them within your daily food intake. Before you know it, your hairs will become thicker and your skin will radiate with glow, you will burst with energy and notice significant improvement in your overall stamina and strength. Here is the list!
- Watercress: This has been an underdog in the category of fruits and veggies, for sure! Even though it is not advertised and thus not used frequently, watercress features valuable phytochemicals, vitamins and minerals.
- Spinach: Now this is what most people would have anticipated to see in our list. A great source of fiber and iron, spinach boasts unique flexibility. Boil or eat it raw, in salads and pies.
- Lettuce: Some might say that lettuce is not that nutritious. But when it comes to nutrients per calorie, lettuce is one of the winners.
- Chard: Another underestimated green that is filled with nutritious bliss, chard is super delicious too. Dark leaves generally mean more nutritious value.
- Chives: Have you ever wondered what has come with nutritionists and chives? Well, most chefs already know that chives are rich in nutrients. They use them not only for flavor, but also nutrition-wise.
- Red pepper: Peppers are all great, but red peppers are a tiny bit healthier for you. Use them in omelets, salads and as a truly delicious side dish.
- Broccoli: You know broccoli is good for you, right? Our list only confirms that knowledge!
- Brussels sprouts: Like broccoli, Brussels sprouts are beneficial to your health. When cooked properly, they are also super-tasty.
- Pumpkin: Orange deliciousness or else pumpkin is a veggie packed with lots of goodness for you. Try it out, if you haven’t already!
- Parsley: Finally, parsley is perfect for its flavor boosting properties. Plus, it’s extra rich in nutrients!